Prep Time3 hrs 30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
For the Dough
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (have some extra on hand for dusting)
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Pkg Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water (About 110 F)
For the Garlic Butter
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
For the Alfredo Sauce (Optional)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cloves Finely Grated Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
For the Rose Sauce (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Favorite store bought or homemade marinara sauce
- 1/2 Cup Prepared Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
I used a universal pizza dough recipe for the garlic knots. If you have a favorite recipe, you can use that instead.
1. Mix together 1 cup of flour, salt, sugar, garlic powder and instant yeast in a large bowl. Add olive oil and water and knead until you have a soft dough (I used a stand mixer for this) and it's pulling away from the bowl, you can add small amounts of flour if its a little too wet.
2. Flour hands and shape the the dough into a ball. Place the dough into a clean bowl drizzled with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap.
3. Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size. (I let mine rise for 2 hours)
4. After the dough has doubled, cut into for triangles.
5. Shape the triangled dough into rectangles (I did 4 inch by 5 inch rectangles), slice the rectangles into 3 or 4 long strips and cut those strips down the middle. (Strips should now measure around 1 inch by 2 inch or 1x3)
6. One trip at a time, roll the dough into a snake shape, then tie a knot.
7. Place the knots on a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper, make sure there is some space between each knot and cover with plastic wrap.
8. Brush with olive oil and let rise for another 2 hours or until doubled in size. Preheat the over to 400 F.
9. Take off the plastic wrap and bake the knots for about 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. While the knots bake, start the garlic butter. Melt the butter in a small pot over medium-low heat and cook the garlic for about 1-2 minutes. At the salt, red pepper flakes, parsley, stir to combine and then turn off the heat.
11. When the knots are done, let them rest for a few minutes and then brush them with the garlic butter sauce.
1. To make the alfredo sauce, melt the butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the finely grated garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and black pepper, whisk until fully combined.
2. To make the rose sauce, add 1/2 cup of your favorite marinara sauce and red pepper flakes to a pan and simmer for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of the alfredo sauce, stir to combine and cook for another minute. Enjoy!