I love barbecuing skewered food. It’s easy, fun, and always looks really nice, like you know what you’re doing. I don’t like the eating aspect of a skewer though. Do you push the meat and vegetables off and just eat them off your plate? Do you eat as far as you can on the skewer and then push all the food down halfway through so you don’t stab yourself? I usually start eating it on the skewer and then get annoyed a couple bites in and then just eat the remaining food on my plate.
I chose bell peppers for a couple of reasons. 1.) It looks like they had bell peppers on the show. 2.) The colors! I love the vibrancy of bell peppers. I chose red and yellow for this recipe, but you can totally use orange and green as well.
Cooking the sirloin steak for only 6-8 minutes means you get some great grill lines and some amazingly juicy steak. Seriously. It was a little messy when I ate it.
- 1.5 Lbs Sirloin Steak cut into 1 inch squares
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Freshly chopped Italian Parsley
- 3 Tablspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt and Pepper (and a dash more for the bell peppers)
- 2 Bell Peppers (I used red and yellow)
- For the marinade: I like to use a large zip lock, but you can use a bowl as well, combine the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, soy sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the cut beef and mix around to coat. Have it chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- While the beef is marinading, devein and deseed the bell peppers and cut them into one inch squares. Sprinkle some olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper and mix to make sure each square is coated. Set aside.
- After 1 hour, drain the meat and reserve the marinade. Take a skewer, and thread the beef on, alternating with a bell pepper back and forth until you've reached your desired skewer fullness.
- Have your grill set on medium heat and grill the skewers for 6-8 minutes (depends on your desired doneness) and turn them occasionally.
- Put the reserved marinade in a saucepan and cook until it just starts to boil.
- Drizzle or brush the marinade along the whole skewer and serve!